Spam is all too common in social media – whether it’s an individual user trying to pull a prank, or a bot trying to phish out information. It could also be a liberal troll trying to mar a reputation. Who knows why it occurs, but it does.
Here’s my policy with spam:
- I have no desire to collect your information. My blog is free to view and access. As long as you can follow @mjr2kpolitics on Twitter, or view MJR2K Politics on Facebook, you’re in good shape. I am also trying to build my reputation as a conservative blogger; by me sending your spam links voluntarily, I could lose your respect, and I don’t want to do that.
- I share information, news, and updates semi-frequently. I will do it via updates/tweets for all to see. All followers and I have the same goal; I have no reason to hide information from anyone. If it’s news, it will be on multiple outlets.
- Because I don’t monitor Twitter at all times (I’m only human after all), I will not know whether or not followers are being spammed.
- I appreciate any/all followers inquire to see if a message was sent by me. From time-to-time, I will audit my own list to see who is following me and who I am following.
- Out of courtesy for individual Twitter users, and because @mjr2kpolitics is a blog, (even though I am running it) there’s a 1% chance of me sending out individual messages initially. If you choose to message me, that’s entirely up to you.
Hopefully, as the blog becomes more popular, I won’t have to deal with too much spam.
Thank you all for visiting!