If you do a Google search on the phrase “list of Obama failures”, you get 5.8 million hits. I found that very few websites actually list failures in terms of leadership, unconstitutional acts, and broken promises.
Now I do realize that everyone has their own definition of leadership and that both sides of the aisle are going to see things in a different light, but here’s the criteria I’m going to use in my list.
- When you look at leaders who actually lead properly and execute plans that work, it turns out that people are happy and life is productive. We haven’t seen much of either with this president.
- President Obama took the same oath as his predecessors: “I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.” (Source)
- “I do solemnly swear/affirm” – The complicated way of saying “I promise to…”
- “Faithfully execute the office of the President of the United States” – To honorably serve as President of the United States. The office is more than just a title, it’s a huge responsibility.
- “Will do the best of my ability” – Nobody is perfect; we are all human and will screw up.
- “Preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States”
- Preserve: “a : to keep alive, intact, or free from decay” (Merriam Webster Dictionary)
- Protect: “to maintain the status or integrity of especially through financial or legal guarantees” (Merriam Webster Dictionary)
- Defend: “to drive danger or attack away from” (Merriam Webster Dictionary)
- When you promise to do anything, you put your word of integrity behind it. Broken promises are when you break your integrity, thereby breaking your trust with the person/people that you made the promise to.
I’m going to do my best to make sources as neutral as I can, but I cannot make any promises. When I describe broken promises and leadership failure, it’s not a ideology point of view, it’s a point of view that has seen success in the past.
- Around this time in 2008, unemployment was around 4.9% (BLS). When George Bush Jr. left office, it was hovering around 7.6%. Last year around this time it was 9%. (NCSL)
- When Obama was sworn into office, gas was $1.89/gallon (ConsumerReports). As of May 14th, 2012, we’re averaging between $3.52 and 4.13, depending where you live. (ConsumerReports)
- According to the US Constitution, we can only be at war under three conditions: (a) Declaration by Congress, (b) specific statutory situation approved by Congress, (c) a direct attack on our soil. President Obama on March 19, 2011, authorized military action in Libya, without seeking the approval of Congress. If you look at Section 3 of the War Powers Act of 1973, you’ll notice that it indicates that the president will consult Congress before taking any action with our troops.
- February 2009, Obama does an interview in which he says that if he hadn’t ‘fixed things’, then he would consider his presidency a one-term thing. If he were staying true to his word, he would not be seeking re-election in 2012, which he’s clearly doing.
- Nowhere in our Constitution, does it say that government will provide health care to its citizens, nor does it specify that any citizen is required to purchase a product that the government sells; which is exactly what “The Affordable Care Act ” imposes on America. In its current form, it’s over 2,000 pages long.
- The Solyndra scandal, in which the Obama Administration funneled taxpayer money into a company that was slated to produce ‘green jobs’, subsequently filed Chapter 11 bankruptcy. The news comes, just after Obama visited the facility and praised the company for its leadership and its vision of creating ‘green jobs’.
- Our government has yet to pass a balanced budget, which is a sign that our government has no desire to control spending. Here’s a different write-up on the same same issue, but focusing on what the Republicans have done that the Democrats haven’t. Consequently, after recently attempting to pass a budget, which was unanimously rejected in both the House and the Senate. After the budget failed to pass, Harry Reid (D-NV) once again blamed the Republicans for not putting anything on the table.
- While it has been widely criticized as a conspiracy theory ‘by left-wingers’, the ‘birther’ controversy is still very much alive. While the phrase “Natural-Born citizen” has never been precisely defined in the Constitution, subpoenas from Federal District Court Judges served by state attorneys are generally illegal to ignore.
- Attorney Taitz requested a birth certificate, which in the cast of most laws is not extremely private. They usually consist of your full name, city/county, and state of birth. They also typically have some kind of state stamp or embossing on them indicating that it’s an official and legitimate birth certificate.
- The FOIA has nine exemptions , none of which relate to this type of request. Besides, when you become president, you indirectly waive all rights to privacy.
- Even if FOIA and the state of Hawaii are legally bound to not release his birth certificate, the White House released a document, which is shown on the WND website above. That document, over time, was proven to be digitally created, and was proven to be fraudulent. This, of course, would be considered a federal crime, if done by anyone else.
- Considering that Obama himself has stated on more than one occasion that he was born in Hawaii, it would seem that he’s lied to us. Interestingly enough, when Clinton lied about his affair with Monica Lewinsky, he was impeached; Obama lies to us about where he was born – not a peep from anyone, including Congress.
- Obama’s actual ‘birth certificate’, or at least paperwork that certifies that he was born in Kenya, can be found here. Note that Obama’s father’s name is Barack Obama as well, thus the “II” suffix, to discern him from his father.
- Would the ‘birther issue’ be such a spectacle is Obama was doing well for our country? It’s hard to say, but having the nation’s leader lie about where he was born? What else is he lying about, at that rate?
- Barack Obama and Eric Holder’s involvement in Operation Gunrunner, which involved the sale of illegal weapons to Mexican drug lords. I’m in the process of looking for a solid article that describes the situation correctly.
- MORE TO COME!